Monday, July 15, 2013

DIY Decals

I really enjoy finding ways that I can renew, reuse and recycle, so everytime I finish a jar of pickles I keep it in hopes that I can re-purpose it. My collection started to grow and finally I decided it was time to get creative! While wandering around Michaels I came across paint it yourself decals, it was perfect!
They're Martha Stewart paint-able clings and come with 27 decals to a pack for about $9.99
As far as supplies, it all depends on what you want to spruce up, it can be a jar, mirror , frame the list is endless. I used one of my many pickle jars which I ran through the dish washer,the steam takes the label right off! Just make sure whatever surface you're using is clean.
Painting the decals was the most time consuming step of this project, but could be the perfect way to spend a lazy afternoon. I used regular enamel paint for this which worked fine, but I would recommend using Martha Stewart Glass Liquid Fill Transparent. The enamel came out a little streaking, but none the less I'm happy with the results!

XO, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment