Friday, September 6, 2013

Cork Coasters

Drink coasters are such a small detail that can often be over-looked.I admit that I can act a bit like Monica from the show Friends when I spot water marks! So I always keep coasters lying around to prevent the rings from happening in the first place. The ones I had were so outdated and didn't match anything in my home, therefore I decided to get crafty and make myself a new set.
These DIY coasters are great because they're versatile,easy and affordable.
The Supplies:
*Scissors
*Acrylic paints of your choice
*Painters tape
*Matte Modge Podge
*Paint brushes
*Cork coasters
(Found these at the craft store for under $2 a pack)
Step 1: Place tape accordingly to the design you want to create. I was going for an abstract pattern so I created different sized triangles.
Step 2: Paint each section with 2-3 coats, letting it dry in between. To create a more uniform look among the coasters its best to stick to a few colors. 
Step 3: After the paint has dried completely remove the tape and apply an even coat of modge podge, let dry.
And you're done, enjoy!
XO,Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment