Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dipped Wood Utensils

I've really been wanting to make my own set of dipped utensils for a while. I finally got around to doing it and its so much fun because you can do an array of different colors and designs. They also make a great affordable personalized gift for weddings, house warming parties, holidays and so on.
For this project you will need:
*Acrylic paints
*Painters tape
*Wooden spoons(I picked mine up at Bed Bath and Beyond for $2.99)
*Brushes
Start by deciding on what design you would like to achieve and apply the painters tape. 
Apply 2-3 coats of paint allowing to dry in-between each layer. I found the easiest way to let them dry was by placing them in a coffee mug.

Allow to dry and gently remove tape, that's it!
I would recommend hand washing the utensils to insure they stay looking gorgeous!

XO,Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment