Thursday, November 21, 2013

D.I.Y. Potato Stamps

Lately I've been seeing potato stamps all over Pinterest and was interested in trying it out for myself. I honestly didn't know how well it would turn out, but to my surprise it was really fun. I will definitely be making more in the future!
I used one russet potato to make 2 stamps. There's an array of different kinds of potatoes that come in all sizes, choose according to how large of a stamp you want to create.
Cut the potato in half and use a sharpie to create the design of your choice. Then using an exacto knife carefully cut down and around the outline. To be festive I decided to make a Christmas tree and a star.
It's best to allow the stamps to dry out for a bit before painting. Then using a painting brush I applied my acrylic paint to the stamp. 
Make sure to insert a few paper towels or a dish cloth to the inside of the tote before painting to ensure it doesn't bleed through to the other side. Allow to dry for a couple of hours.
 I love the home-made look this bag has, these stamps would be great on stationary too. The possibilities are endless!

XO,Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment